Friday 14 June 2013

Five Minute Friday - Listen

Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker here for five minute Friday.


So, my ears are open and I'm listening. Straining to hear the words behind the words. To see that look in my friends eye that means her 'I'm fine' is not fine at all. I listen with arms and heart open and tears running down   and sorrow hidden behind a mask of composure. I listen and I'm hear and I want to fix things. I really want to fix things. So many people are going through so much. And I know, I know I can't fix the actual problems so I sit. Offering tea and sandwiches. Letting these problems know I'm here, I'm fighting. I'm listening.

3 comments:

  1. to see that her i'm fine is not fine at all...

    your friend is lucky to have one like you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the being there and listening are such gifts to give. Often, they take more time and effort than many are willing to offer. Excellent! Thankful that I linked up after you for Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, listening. And all it costs us is time. :)

    ReplyDelete