Tuesday 18 June 2013

Letter to...

Dear man,

As I lay there, crumbled and twisted, literally trapped under my own stupidness, you crawled through the chunks of windscreen. You lay, belly pressed to glass, chatting to me about my hobbies, my interests. Tucked me under a manky old jumper. You searched through the shards of plastic to find my brand new phone. You told me I was going to make it, and I believed you.

As the car was lifted and my hand finally freed. It hurt. Really hurt. You stayed. You strapped.  You told me not to move. You cared, really cared, about the 17 year old bloody mess before you.

For you. I was a job. A horrible job but a job none the less. For me, you made the worst time in my life survivable.

Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. This made me all emotional! I hate that you went through that, but I'm so glad that man did his job and looked after you and that you made it through that awful experience. Really powerful, emotive post. Thank you for linking up :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what an awful thing to go through, and what a difference that man made that you remember his help so clearly. Thanks for sharing this. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is incredible how clearly our hearts record and replay those moments of comfort we receive when life turns us upside down and we are in desperate need of help. So glad for you that there was a thoughtful, caring person to be there for you in such a horrible moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg,

    Your post really touched my heart. I am truly thankful for the angel God sent you, who crawled over chunks of glass, helped you, comforted you, in such painful circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really touching post Meg, thank the Lord for these people who choose to care! Thank you for sharing this, it's lovely that he made such a lasting impression. I had no idea this had happened to you but I am glad he was there so I could call you a friend today :) xx

    ReplyDelete