Friday 3 May 2013

Five minute Friday-Brave

Today I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday. Setting my timer for 5 minutes, ignoring the kids war cries and writing all the nonsense from my head. Ready, set, go.

                  

I do not feel brave, last week I did the leap of faith, a literal leap where I flung myself off a small platform trying to catch a trapese bar. Brave? No. Foolish? No. An act to impress that I can do these stupid things when I think I can't. Well yes, maybe. I jumped and I caught and I swung in the air like Tarzan. It was fun, but not necessarily brave. 

Fighting through a pregnancy-of-pain and keeping a smile (mostly) plastered on my face. Not Brave.
Sitting being tattooed with my words to live by. Not Brave.
Coming home from hospital, heart broken and hollow. Not Brave.

The more I write about the things that aren't brave makes me question what bravery really is. What supreme act fits the bill, what, if anything, can be counted as bravery? Most things are done through pig headedness, a genuine lack of fear, or just, because, because why not. 

My time is ticking away, if someone, anyone, could please tell me what bravery really is then comment below.

1 comment:

  1. You linked up!! I happen to have witnessed you in a lot of these situations and you are one of the bravest people I know. You are also the hardest on yourself. Love this post - you're braver than you realise xx

    ReplyDelete