Monday 15 July 2013

A letter to explain

Dear depression,

This week-I'm going to kick your arse.

Depression,  you have taken too many years from me, reduced me to a shell, a puppet, smiling though I'm empty inside.  You've hidden, deep away, for months, then returned with a vengeance,  slapping my self control round the face and whispering bitter insults into my mind. You've tried to destroy anything good, everything good, til my Husband came along, stronger than you, and my friends, you cannot ruin my friends.  Because,  and hear this, they know what your up to. They know exactly what you're trying to do, and they said no.

And I say no.

So pills and sunshine,  fighting your exhaustion and rationalising your irrational. Ice cream, hugs, and loving arms. These are my weapons. And depression?  Believe me.
I will win. For I am never alone.

Forever free,

Meg.

4 comments:

  1. You are never alone - His love never fails!

    I love the positive attitude and hope your words can encourage all those many people out there who are also suffering with depression.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, friends and husbands are so helpful in this fight. Especially when they are sensitive to the battle and refuse to give in to it. You will win! You have a good team supporting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will hold you to this, Horton!! Really powerful post, so glad you linked it up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg,

    Thank you for sharing your letter with us. You are never alone, 'His love never quits' Psalm 118 The Message

    ReplyDelete