Monday 18 March 2013

Poultry

Todays prompt for the link up at ruthpovey.com (she lies and says there's links when there isn't really ones) is poultry. As in birds. As in big, running, giblety horrors that most probably will chase you across a lawn. I do not like poultry, I do not like geese, I do not like chickens, I do, however, like ducks, particularly when their all upright and racing.

My friend (the fantastic Ruth) quite often has chicken visitors in her garden. My son loves them, tempts them into her kitchen (using a series of animal shrieks and interpretive dance) then makes Ruth panic leaving me to wrangle said chicken and send it on its merry way. I pretend to be brave, I pretend to try and pick the beast up, in my head I'm thinking 'please just go away and keep your weird red jowls away from me'. I DO NOT LIKE YOU CHICKEN.

That being said, I keep threatening to create a chicken hutch in my garden, along with the fictional duck pond (for the racing ducks) and an alpaca pen, they can all be friends in some big, lovely farm where the sun always shines and no animals ever poo. As long as the chickens have fluffy legs and no weird dinosaur scales we're ok, oh, and no weird head bobbing. It freaks me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment